Become a vendorOur 2019 vendor application are now available HERE.
Market hours:Thursdays 4pm to 7pm
May 23th – Sept. 26th
Upcoming EventsJun13Thu4:30 pm 8th Annual Zucchini Races8th Annual Zucchini RacesJun 13 @ 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm7th-zucchini2018 Hosted by NCB North Cascades Bank. (Chelan Evening Farmers Markets largest supporter!) Grow your own Zucchini Race car! Race it at the Chelan Evening Farmers Market. Build your racer at the Farmer’s Market and race it with friends, family, … Continue reading →
Sign up for our e-Newsletter!
Become a Fan!
Chelan Evening Farmers Market Goals:
The Chelan Evening Farmers Market has four simple yet far-reaching goals:
- encouraging people to “eat local,”
- initiating living-wage farm jobs,
- facilitating new young farmers,
- providing an “event of merit” for downtown Chelan.
What to expect:
Over 20+ vendors, many certified organic or on their way to it, sell their produce at the market. Depending on the week, you may find the expected: tomatoes, peppers, herbs, plums, peaches, cherries, apples; the unexpected: hummus, goat cheese, lavender and other flowers; and the unusual: gooseberries, currants and wool. One of the many special aspects of shopping at farmers’ markets is getting to know the farmers and vendors that work so hard to bring their beautiful offerings to market. As Board member and visionary Mike Sherer puts it,
“I initiated this Market to allow growers in our area to tell their story through quality local produce.”
A Market that is more than food:
Although this is a Farmer-centric market, there is so much more…Entertainment is offered at the market, including story time for children and music for everyone. Last year our “bird-lady” brought her barn owl each week to inspire and educate visitors. Nearby restaurants create fresh sheets and to-go baskets out of whatever the vendors bring for the evening. Enjoy the entertainment – picnic on prepared food or fresh fruit and vegetables. Enjoy the event of the Chelan Evening Farmers Market.
Coming this year of the farmers market:
- Educational talks given by growers on such topics as organic farming, food preparation, and healthy eating.
- Opportunities to share the bounty with those in our local community that don’t have the financial ability to shop at the market. We will be collaborating with Chelan Valley Hope and the Food Bank to provide fresh produce to them.
- More shops along the downtown core will be staying open during Market hours.
- Weekly entertainment
- 3 events through out the season
Come and spend your Thursday evenings at the Chelan Evening Farmers Market. Choose Local, Eat Local and Enjoy Local!